Comfort Insulation Policy on the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that identifies you or information that would allow your identity to be deduced. It does not include business information such as your name, business address and telephone number.
What information is collected?
Depending on the products or services being provided we may need to collect such information as:
- your name, address, age, phone number, and e-mail address
- credit card, credit check and cheque information
- customer satisfaction comments
We will only collect information that is necessary or related to providing you with our products and services.
Obtaining your consent
We confirm with you that we will obtain your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
How is this your personal information used?
Personal information gathered by us is maintained in our head office in Ottawa, Ontario. We ask you for information in order to:
- provide our products and services to you and communicate with you as our customer
- complete a sale or transaction with you
- verify your credit, if necessary
Disclosure of personal information
Comfort Insulation will not disclose personal information unnecessarily. Comfort Insulation does not sell, barter, trade or exchange any of your personal information to any third party to enable them to market their products and services. We may release your information to parties outside of Comfort Insulation in limited circumstances such as:
- when required or authorized by law
- when third parties such as suppliers, contractors or subcontractors are assisting us in serving you
- where it is necessary to establish or collect amounts owing to us
- when you have otherwise consented to the disclosure
Is your personal information secure?
Comfort Insulation takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information are: Physical safeguards including:
- locked cabinets and storage areas
- limited access to areas where personal information is filed
- the shredding of papers that contain personal information when disposal is required
- security system on the building where your information is secured
Technical safeguards include:
- anti-virus programs
- firewalls and other security measures, such as the use of passwords
Administrative safeguards include:
- training staff on privacy policies and procedures
How long do we keep your personal information?
We retain paper copies of your personal information for five (5) years after your contract with us is fulfilled after which point the documents are shredded and destroyed. An electronic copy of the information is kept for ten (10) years after which the information is erased.
How may you view and correct your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to you and us and we welcome any inquiries you might have regarding your personal information that we have collected and retained.
To review your personal information which is retained by Comfort Insulation and, if applicable, to have it corrected, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your information or our privacy policies or procedures, please contact:
Vice President and Chief Privacy Officer Comfort Insulation
25 Bentley Avenue
Nepean, ON K2E 6T7
Tel: (613) 226-9912
Fax: (613) 226-6885
There is no charge for verifying or correcting information. Depending on the circumstances, there may be a charge if you want a copy of your records.
You can also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for assistance between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, at:
Phone: (613) 995-8210
Fax: (613) 947-6850
TTY: (613) 992-9190 www.priv.gc.ca